Tuesday, June 20, 2017

The Fall, Rewind, & Canvas

The Fall

And, so men fall like empires. 
I'm sifting through the ruins.
Trying to rebuild a lost civilization.
Looking for the lost city of gold.
Searching for your heart of gold
You've been reduced to rubble
But, I've heard the tales of your greatness
And, now I'm just wondering what caused the Fall

Rewind

Everyday it all just feels the same.
I’m a tape, a show, a VHS. Rewind, Rewind, Repeat.
And, with every rewind I notice a new discrepancy.
And, with every rewind slowly my tape starts to fade.

The colors are less clear in this dull, grey town. 
The people walk around with smiles on their faces.
But, it seems like they’re all so sad inside, so fake happy.
Or, maybe its just me looking at the world through a broken lens.

Yet, sometimes when I analyze the frames of my life.
I see everyone else happy, or ignorant.
I guess that maybe ignorance truly is bliss.
They are so unaware. 
They are unaware that they are living the same life on repeat.
Repeating, Rewinding their VHS, their show, their tape. 

I dread the next episode, and I think it’s universal.
Everyone wants to know what’s going to happen next
They wait in anticipation.
But, everyone fears it at the same time.
They don’t know if the next episode will be their last.
They don’t know when their series will be cancelled.

Canvas

I walk through my house of memories.
It's a haunted home filled with the wails of my past's ghosts.
I wander through it staring at paintings made in memoriam of ages lost to time.
I want to take my thin bristled brush and make changes.
But, the paint does not stay, nor does it attach.
My attempts at revision just fade away.

I can only paint on the blank canvases ahead.

----
I'm sorry for taking so long between posts. I've just not been feeling poetic lately, or rather I didn't have anything that I could really put down in words.

Chance Preshia

No comments:

Post a Comment